While you probably don’t find yourself wearing a jacket too often during July, it’s a great way to infuse some pattern into your outfit. Summer is a great time to break out the prints, bright colors, and have some fun with your clothes. Why? Let me explain…
- People are already dizzy from the heat and poolside cocktails.
- On vacation, you rarely run into people you know, and all the pictures are embarrassing when you look at them a decade later, no matter what you wore.
- The seasons change. Fall and Winter will inevitably arrive, and you’ll regret it if you don’t seize the opportunity to wear that bright pink blouse with those green pants.
- You should dress for the optimistic, happy, colorful life you want… AKA Life will follow (your) suit, so wear one that’s seersucker, bold, or full of personality.
- Summer is the most practical season for bright colors.
As someone who usually keeps to neutral pallets and defaults to anything black, I’ve been challenging myself to change it up and step outside my boring comfort zone. I would usually wear this dress with my black patent heels and a black tuxedo blazer, so I chose brown platform sandals and a striped denim moto jacket instead.
But you don’t have to wear a jacket to mix it up. Pair a printed blouse with a patterned skirt or shorts, wear contrasting and out-of-the-box color combos, or pair two prints or two patterns together in your outfit for a little extra punch of pizzazz.
And trust me. You’ll look chic and hotter than the city sidewalks. 😎